If you have undergone sclerotherapy procedure, to ensure that the period after the procedure proceed smoothly and achieve the optimal result, the first 10-14 days after the procedure we ask your:
- After sclerotherapy procedure you need to wear compression stockings for 2 weeks.
- The first night you must sleep with a sock and elastic bandage which the doctor placed you after the procedure.
- Then you have to put on the socks in the morning and take them of in the veining for a couple of weeks.
- Headache episodes may occur after the procedure. They are more common on the first day after the procedure. If it occurs it is necessary to take the painkillers which the doctor appointed you after sclerotherapy and wrote you the prescription.
- Three weeks after the procedure it is forbidden to take a hot bath, wash in sauna and never burn the places the drugs were injected in the sun or solarium.
- To avoid air travel or heavy physical exertion for two weeks.
- The next morning after the procedure it is necessary to take off the sock, cut the bandage and take off the bandages and re-wear compression stockings.
- Injection site will initially be red, swollen, because while injecting drug we are triggering aseptic inflammation, which allows blood vessel / capillary close down and disappear.
- After a few days the skin blue color will change to yellow-brown, and later the skin will clear up until the whole signs of procedure will disappear.
10. Residual effects may take 3-4 weeks, but for some people more. This is a very individual situation, which depends on the treated blood vessel / capillary lumen size.
- Drug injection sites can not be applied by Lioton, heparin, or other lubricants, as the procedure will be ineffective. Consult with your doctor.
12. The patient has to visit the doctor again within 7-10 days after sclerotherapy or earlier if more localized tenderness occurs.
13. Next sclerotherapy sessions may be after 1-2 weeks. This is decided by the doctor.
14. Sclerosis blood vessels / capillaries normally close and disappear after the first treatment. During life their renewal is only possible in other areas of the skin.
We wish quick recovery!