Preparing leg vein surgery
If your doctor appointed you to carry out laser / surgical leg vein surgery this memo reminds you how to prepare for surgery.
On the arrival to surgery you must have:
- Sending from your General practitioner (form 027/a);
- Identity document (passport or ID card);
- If you constantly use drugs (e.g. due to increased blood pressure, diabetes and etc.) so use them as general practitioner appointed and take them with you;
- If you use Orfarine or other blood-thinning medication be sure to inform your doctor in the 10 days before surgery;
- Two weeks before the operation start using ventonics recommend by vascular surgeon.
You have to pass these tests before surgery:
- General blood test, general urine test, blood coagulation, blood glucose levels, blood group determination;
ALL TEST MUST BE DONE 7-14 DAYS BEFORE THE SURGERY AND YOU MUST HAVE THEM ON THE ARRIVAL FOR SURGERY.
- If you can not come on the appointed day, be sure to report it to the clinic staff or the doctor.
- The day before surgery the clinic nurse will call you and clarify the time of arrival;
- Take the shower in the morning;
- Do not eat or drink 6 hours before surgery;
- On arrival at the clinic and completing medical records, clinical staff will escort you to the inpatient;
- You will get clothes to change in the ward.